Annual Fuzzy, Furry & Feathered Friends Photo Contest at OHS
Now Accepting Entries in the 2014 OHS Photo Contest
2013 Best Dog photo winner by Anne McQuary. See more 2013 winners below.
||Photo Contest Sponsors
Submit your best pet photos for the chance to win recognition, great prizes, and help shelter animals at the same time! Past winners have included almost every type of photo imaginable—from candid moments of dogs romping on the beach to classic portraits of
kittens and puppies.
All winners will be featured in the Oregon
Humane Society's quarterly magazine, as well as on the OHS website and on Pro Photo Supply’s Facebook page. Winners also get a framed print of their winning entry courtesy of Pro Photo Supply and Beard's Framing. Submission deadline is August 17, 2014. Winners will be announced in late August 2014.
All entrants will be emailed a coupon for 25% off at Beard's Framing stores following the completion of the contest in late August. Visit Beard’s Framing stores for coupon details.
The contest is sponsored by Pro Photo Supply, Canon USA and Beard’s Framing.
Categories and Prizes
- Grand Prize: a Canon Rebel T5i SLR camera from Pro Photo Supply, plus a $250 gift card from Beard's Framing.
- Best Dog Photo
- Best Cat Photo
- Best Other Animal Photo
- Winners of the above three categories each receive: $100 gift card from Pro Photo Supply and $100 gift card from Beard’s Framing.
- Funniest Photo
- Child with Pet
- Me & My Pet
- Dog & Cat Couple
- Editor's Choice
- Winners of the above five categories each receive: $50 gift card from Pro Photo Supply and $50 gift card from Beard's Framing.
OHS will be accepting digital entries only this year. There is a $10 fee to enter up to five photos in the contest. All entry fees go to help animals at the OHS shelter.
Online submission requirements:
- To make your online submission, first go to the OHS Contest Entry Page to pay your entry fee.
- You will then receive a link to the submission page and an entry code on the confirmation page and in your confirmation email. Enter the code on the Pro Photo submission page.
- File requirements:
- Photos must be submitted in JPG format.
- Each file submission size should be no larger than 5MB in size.
- You may submit up to 5 digital images per $10 entry fee.
- Entries must be submitted by Sunday, August 17, 2014.
- All entrants will be emailed a coupon for 25% off at Beard's Framing stores following the completion of the contest in late August. Visit Beard’s Framing stores for coupon details.
Terms & Conditions:
- Employees or immediate family members of contest sponsors
and OHS are not eligible to enter.
- All entries become the property of
the Oregon Humane Society, which may, at it discretion, copy, edit,
publish, use, adapt, and/or modify entries in any manner, in any and all
media, without limitation. Submitter does not relinquish rights to use
photo in any way.
- If photos include pets not owned by the photographer,
or people not in the photographer’s immediate family, please include
written permission from the pet’s owner and/or the individuals
photographed to submit the photo to abide by contest rules.
- If you are selected as a finalist, you must be able to
supply a version of your photo in a 300 dpi JPG format no smaller than
8x10 inches (1500 x 2100 pixels). This file size is supported by nearly
all of today's digital cameras.
- A $10 entry fee is required with your online photo(s)
submission. This covers your first five photos submitted. All proceeds
go directly to helping find homes for animals at the shelter.
- Entrants will receive an "entry code" in their entry fee
receipt. Please enter this code in the caption field during the upload
of your images. Entries without an OHS entry code will not be eligible
and may not be judged.
The submission deadline is Sunday, August 17, 2014.
See the 2013 Photo Contest Winners
Winners of the 2013 Furry, Fuzzy and Feathered Friends Photo Contest:
- Grand Prize - Susan McPhee
- Editor's Choice - Lillian Carroll
- Best Dog - Anne McQuary
- Best Cat - Aisha Beck
- Best "Other" Pet - Marie Pham
- Funniest Pet - Scott Hoyle
- Child with Pet - Rebecca Horn
- Me and My Pet - Kim Mobley
- Best Youth Photographer - Logan LeyBold
- Best Dog and Cat Couple - Cheryl Banks