Donations of supplies help keep the shelter running and lower overhead costs. If you prefer to donate money, OHS can double or even triple individual buying power by buying in bulk. You can make an online donation here.
Amazon Wish List
To purchase needed supplies that help animals in our shelter and community, visit OHS’s Wish List on Amazon.com.
You can also choose OHS as your charity of choice for Amazon Smile!
Kuranda Beds for shelter pets can be donated to OHS through the Kuranda website.
OHS is happy to accept donations of items at our shelter in NE Portland. Find directions and hours here.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have a new process in place for in-kind donations. To minimize person-to-person contact, OHS has placed a donation box located directly outside the main shelter doors. We request people drop off their donated goods (such as food, crates, leashes, etc.) in the box 10 am to 6 pm daily (Sun – Sat). A receipt for your donation can be mailed or emailed by sending a request to the email address listed on the donation box. Thank you for your support of the animals during this crisis, and take care.
In general, OHS can accept most brand new or gently used pet items, such as pet food, leashes and collars, bowls, toys, clean litter boxes, and more.
We are unable to accept the following items:
- Rabbit related donations due to the emergence of the RHD virus in Oregon.
- Any human bedding (blankets, comforters, bed sheets, pillows, etc.)
- Large dog beds that won’t fit in standard washing machines
- Cat trees
- Prescription medications (we do, however, accept insulin)
- Pet food that isn’t in original package or doesn’t have ingredients list
- Dog houses (we do accept Igloo dog houses)
- Frozen or Freeze Dried food and meat
- Choke collars or shock collars
- Flexi-lead retractable leashes
- Yard stakes and tie-outs
- Pillows, mattresses and carpet
- Human clothes (shirts, pants, sweaters, etc.), including fur coats
OHS Pet Supply Store
OHS also has a pet supply store in our shelter lobby called Best Friends’ Corner. Here, you can purchase a variety of toys, treats, food and other supplies for pets. Not only do the proceeds of sales benefit the animals, but you can donate the items right back to the shelter—no travel or shipping needed!