Donations of supplies help keep the shelter running and lower overhead costs. If you prefer to donate money, OHS can double or even triple individual buying power by buying in bulk. You can make an online donation here.
Amazon Wish List
To purchase needed supplies that help animals in our shelter and community, visit OHS’s Wish List on Amazon.com.
You can also choose OHS as your charity of choice for Amazon Smile!
Kuranda Beds for shelter pets can be donated to OHS through the Kuranda website.
OHS is happy to accept donations of items at our shelter in NE Portland. Find directions and hours here. Visit the front desk in our main lobby, where staff can assist you and provide a donation receipt.
In general, OHS can accept most brand new or gently used pet items, such as pet food, leashes and collars, bowls, toys, clean litter boxes, and more.
We are unable to accept the following items:
- Blankets, comforters, bed sheets or large dog beds that won’t fit in standard washing machines
- Cat trees
- Prescription medications (we do, however, accept insulin)
- Pet food that isn’t in original package or doesn’t have ingredients list
- Dog houses (we do accept Igloo dog houses)
- Frozen or Freeze Dried food and meat
- Choke collars or shock collars
- Flexi-lead retractable leashes
- Yard stakes and tie-outs
- Pillows, mattresses and carpet
- Human clothes (shirts, pants, sweaters, etc.), including fur coats
OHS Pet Supply Store
OHS also has a pet supply store in our shelter lobby called Best Friends’ Corner. Here, you can purchase a variety of toys, treats, food and other supplies for pets. Not only do the proceeds of sales benefit the animals, but you can donate the items right back to the shelter—no travel or shipping needed!