Careers at OHS
Who We Are
Working at OHS is about more than just a paycheck, it’s about how we make a difference in the lives of people and pets.
For more than 150 years, animal welfare has been the heart and soul of the Oregon Humane Society. Located in Portland, Oregon, OHS rescues, heals and adopts more than 11,000 pets each year. We never place a time limit on how long cats, dogs and other pets stay at our shelter. OHS relies on donations to support our adoption, education, and animal rescue programs.
We are committed to creating a better future for pets and we work hard to achieve our goals and offer a rewarding workplace. OHS provides competitive pay, which includes a $15 minimum wage.
If you’re looking to make an impact and to save lives, OHS is the perfect place for you. Explore the possibilities.
- Medical and Dental: Employer pays 90% of employee coverage
- Voluntary insurance products: Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemity, Short-Term Disability, Life/ADD
- Telemedicine options, 24-hour nurse line and health coaching
- Alternative care options: Acupuncture, Massage, Chiropractic
- Wellness program that includes company sponsored challenges, events, and educational monthly themes
- Discount to local fitness club
- Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions
- 401k with company match
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer contribution to Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for all part-time and full-time staff
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Time Off – for family and pets
- Federal & State Leave of Absence options
- Pets at work
- Waived pet adoption fees
- Discounted medical services at our onsite AMLC Medical Center
- Discounts at local vets and in-house retail pet store
- Periodic access to Pet Food & Supply Bank
- Various discounts and exclusive invites to local retail and services
- Free cremation services for pets
Employees who go above and beyond can be nominated by their peers and leadership to receive recognition. We have 2 recognition programs:
- Paws for Excellence – This is a recognition program designed by employees for all employees. Paws for Excellence rewards individuals who exemplify enthusiasm, team work, innovation, customer service, and collaboration with other departments.
- All Paws On Deck – This program recognizes groups of employees collaborating to further our mission.
How to Apply
To start your application, simply click the link of the position you are interested in and complete an application. All positions require a resume and cover letter, and compensation is determined by years of experience as it relates to the position. Please include all relevant experience on your application and resume.
You are welcome to apply for more than one job. If you create an account through our applicant tracking system when applying, it will save your information.
We will carefully review all applications and reach out to those who best match our skills and experience. No phone calls, please.