How to Adopt
Adopt a Pet from the Oregon Humane Society
New Adoption Process
During this time, adoptions are available by appointment only.
How to adopt:
- Pet profiles are available on our Adopt page. Look through the profiles to see what pet you are interested in adopting.
- At the end of each pet’s profile, you will see a link to a questionnaire for that pet.
- Click the link to fill out an online questionnaire for that pet and submit it to OHS.
- From there, our Adoption team will give you a call to discuss the pet’s specific needs and whether the pet will be a good fit for your lifestyle. You can expect to hear back from us within 24-72 hours of your questionnaire submission.
- If you are ready to move forward with the adoption, an appointment will be set up for you to meet with the pet.
- As soon as your appointment is made, the pet will be considered on hold for you.
Some other things to keep in mind:
- If you don’t see a pet you are interested in, please fill out the questionnaire at the top of the Adopt page. Our Adoption team will call when we have a pet that matches your application. We do not have puppies or kittens available for adoption at this time.
- You will only be able to meet with one pet during your appointment to minimize the amount of in-person contact with staff. We are trying to limit in-person meet and greets to 20 minutes or less, when possible, which is why you will experience all adoption counseling via phone and/or email. Adoption counselors will be as creative as possible to allow potential adopters to have a full understanding of that pet prior to coming to the shelter.
- Our shelter hours are being modified to 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., seven days a week.
Main Phone Line: (503) 285-7722 (10 am – 6 pm)
Admissions: (503) 285-7722 x 212
Customer Care: (503) 285-7722 x 254
Donations: (503) 802-6793
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Please send us a message.