Tours & Field Trips
Visit the Shelter
Tours & Field Trips to OHS
Visitors five years and older are invited to an educational presentation and tour of our facility and historical grounds. Tours will accommodate each group’s needs, from scouts to students to seniors.
Tours of the OHS shelter include visiting the cattery, dog kennels, and small animal room. Weather permitting, visitors will learn some of OHS’s 100+ year history, stop by the beautiful Memorial Rose Garden, see the oldest animal cemetery west of the Mississippi River, and hear the story of Bobbie of Silverton.
Depending on the surgery schedule, a tour may include viewing surgery in progress at our Animal Medical Learning Center.
- Tours are given between 10 am-5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Weekend tours are available on a limited basis and must be booked well in advance.
- Tour length is between 1-1.5 hours depending on the age of the group.
- Tour groups must consist of five or more people.
Request a Tour
Please request a tour or field trip by filling out the Tour Request Form.
What to Bring
- Visitors are encouraged to bring dog and cat treats, and small amounts of leafy lettuce (no iceberg lettuce) for rabbits and other small pets.
- Here are some of our favorite recipes for making your own dog treats.
- Other items from the OHS wish list are appreciated as well.