Help and FAQ
Doggie Dash FAQs & Contact Info
If you cannot find the answers to your Doggie Dash questions on these pages, contact OHS.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (503) 285-7722 x476
- Postal: OHS, Attn: Doggie Dash, 1067 NE Columbia Blvd., Portland, OR 97211
A Charity You Can Trust
OHS receives no tax dollars and relies on donations in order to operate and provide our services to the community. OHS meets the Better Business Bureau’s Twenty Standards of Charitable Accountability, which assures donors of the highest level of financial stewardship for their gifts. OHS operates independently of any national animal organization (such as the Humane Society of the United States or the ASPCA). We receive no tax dollars or percentage of donations given to national animal organizations. When you give to OHS, your dollars stay here to help pets in our region.
To learn more about the work made possible by your donation, see our Annual Report and other publications.
What OHS Does
OHS is the largest and oldest humane society in the Northwest, and the third-oldest in the United States. Our mission is to find homes for animals that are neglected, abused and abandoned; to fight animal cruelty; to end pet overpopulation and to teach humane values to youths.
Our shelter, located in Portland, finds homes for more pets each year than any other single facility on the West Coast. Although we are located in Portland, we assist dozens of shelters each each year throughout Oregon, Washington and California.
We rely entirely on private donations to help provide the following services:
- Finding homes for 11,000 animals each year
- Accepting more than 5,000 pets each year from other shelters throughout the region
- Never putting a time limit on how long a pet stays available for adoption
- Providing more than 1,000 emergency and other needed surgeries for shelter pets each year
- Performing more than 5,000 free or low-cost spay/neuter surgeries annually for pets owned by low-income families
- Investigating approximately 1,000 animal cruelty cases each year
Doggie Dash Presenting Sponsors