|American Pit Bull
|1 years and 1 months
What my friends at OHS say about me:
- I have been working with the Behavior and Training team here at OHS for consistency and am looking for a special home. It will take time and patience to get to know me. You'll need to meet with me multiple times before taking me home.
- To learn more about my specific needs, please read my What to Expect handout.
- Despite my tragic back story I still really enjoy the company of my human friends. Crawling into laps for affection and playing with toys are my favorite things!
- Don't be distracted by the scars on my face, I'm still a happy go lucky affectionate girly pop who is learning to love life!
- I love to learn! I already know some basic cues such as sit, wait, and I'm putting in the work on walking nicely on leash!
- Shy and Nervous: I can be worried about new people, new surroundings and touch. I prefer to take things at my own pace and will need to live in a calm environment.
- House Training: I have a history of housetraining struggles. Read my What to Expect to learn how to help me succeed!
The type of home I'm looking for:
- I would flourish in a calm environment and a low-traffic home.
- I need to go to a home without small children as my rambunctious behavior could knock them over or steal their toys.
- I will need to meet any canine companions prior to getting adopted.
- I need a home without cats or other small animals.
- It could be with you! Click here to learn about the adoption process.
- You can also stock up on food and treats using our online store by clicking here.
Interested in adopting me?
Adoption meet and greets are done by appointment, but the shelter is open for walk-through viewing. We also have availability each day for walk-in adoptions.
Submit an adoption questionnaire for a pet you are interested in, and we will contact you to set up your meet and greet when you become the next in line.
Search For More Dogs & Puppies
- 1y 3m
- 20 lbs
- 71 lbs
- 48 lbs
- 7.2 lbs
- 68.9 lbs
- 2y 2m
- 24.5 lbs
- 3y 12m
- 10.5 lbs
- 1y 3m
- 72 lbs
- 6.1 lbs
- 4.1 lbs
- 2y 2m
- 64.9 lbs