Leadership Giving / TLC
Thomas Lamb Eliot Circle (TLC)
Named in honor of one of our founders, the Thomas Lamb Eliot Circle (TLC) is a leadership giving society recognizing individuals, businesses, families, donor advised funds and family foundations contributing $1,000 or more on an annual basis to sustain and advance the work of the Oregon Humane Society.
TLC Member Benefits
- Behind-the-scenes shelter tour
- Recognition in our annual report and in-shelter signage (unless you prefer anonymity)
- Invitations to exclusive TLC events
- Invitation to judge our annual children’s art and essay contest
- 10% discount at Best Friends’ Corner, our in-shelter pet boutique
- One-year subscription to our publications
- Additional benefits for members at the $5,000 level and above
Become a TLC Member or Renew Your Membership
If you have questions about the Thomas Lamb Eliot Circle, please contact Kelsey O’Lea, TLC Program Coordinator, at (503) 802-6787 or via email »
About Thomas Lamb Eliot
In 1868, Thomas Lamb Eliot and twelve leading Oregonians founded the third humane society in the United States and named it the Oregon Humane Society.
“Must do something for horses here,” Dr. Eliot noted to himself after witnessing a much-abused carriage horse mired in the mud of a Portland street. Eliot served as OHS Board President for 23 years. This tradition of pioneering spirit, compassion and dedication continues today, with enormous assistance from the members of the Thomas Lamb Eliot Circle.