Reactive Rover Class
Need help making walks with your dog more enjoyable? Reactive Rover class is designed to help folks with the all-too-common problem of leash reactivity. If your dog lunges, barks excessively, or becomes outrageously excited at the sight of other dogs when he’s on a leash, then this class is for you! This class does not work on any off-leash aggression issues or progress to interactions among dogs.
This class is for dogs eight months and older. If your dog is younger than eight months and you are worried about leash-reactive behavior, schedule a one-on-one training session or contact us for help.
In this six-week class, you’ll gain a better understanding of why your dog acts the way he does around dogs when he’s on a leash. We’ll lead you through guided practice sessions around other dogs to help teach and encourage calm, appropriate behavior. We’ll also give you tools and tips to help manage your dog’s reactivity on walks in your neighborhood. By the end of the course, you should have the confidence you need to continue training with your dog at home and out in the world.
- For best results, please attend all six classes.
- Dogs do not attend the first class.
- For people planning to attend training classes alone, do not bring multiple dogs.
- This class does not work on any off-leash aggression issues or progress to dogs meeting each other, on leash or off.
Oregon Humane Society – Manners Hall
1067 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97211 Get directions»
Manners Hall is in the Animal Medical Learning Center.
$195 for six weeks of training. The first week of class is a mandatory session for people only. Dogs attend the next five classes.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS. Thank you!
- Dogs must have no known history of aggression towards people.
- Dogs must be at least eight months of age.
- Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations. Rabies and distemper/parvo combination vaccine are required. Bordetella vaccine is recommended.
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must be healthy and free of any symptoms of illness. No coughing, sneezing, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. within 24 hours of class.
- The first class is mandatory. Dogs do not attend the first week of class. Because vital information and safety precautions are discussed during the first class, if you ‘no-show,’ you will not be allowed to attend the rest of the classes unless you come to a private consultation for an additional $35 fee.
Register for Class
Wednesdays, October 23 – December 4, 2019, 7:30 – 8:30 pm (no class Oct 30) Sold out Get on our waitlist!
Saturdays, October 26 – December 14, 2019, 9:30 – 10:30 am (no class Nov 2 or Nov 30) Sold out. Get on our waitlist!
Thursdays, November 7 – December 19, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30 pm (no class Nov 28) Sign up now!
Thursdays, November 21, 2019 – January 9, 2020, 6 – 7 pm (no class Nov 28 or Dec 26) Sold out. Get on our waitlist!
Tuesdays, November 26, 2019 – January 13, 2020, 6 – 7 pm (no class Dec 24 or Dec 31) Sign up now!
Wednesdays, December 11, 2019 – January 29, 2020, 7:30 -8:30 pm (no class Dec 25 or Jan 1) Sold out. Get on our waitlist!
Interested in being notified when our next classes are scheduled? Let us know!
Don’t want to wait for a class? Schedule a one-on-one training session and start training now!