Reactive Rover Class
Need help making walks with your dog more enjoyable? Reactive Rover class is designed to help folks with the all-too-common problem of leash reactivity. If your dog lunges, barks excessively, or becomes outrageously excited at the sight of other dogs when he’s on a leash, then this class is for you! This class does not work on any off-leash aggression issues or progress to interactions among dogs.
This class is for dogs eight months and older. If your dog is younger than eight months and you are worried about leash-reactive behavior, schedule a one-on-one training session or contact us for help.
In this six-week class, you’ll gain a better understanding of why your dog acts the way he does around dogs when he’s on a leash. We’ll lead you through guided practice sessions around other dogs to help teach and encourage calm, appropriate behavior. We’ll also give you tools and tips to help manage your dog’s reactivity on walks in your neighborhood. By the end of the course, you should have the confidence you need to continue training with your dog at home and out in the world.
- For best results, please attend all six classes.
- Dogs do not attend the first class.
- For people planning to attend training classes alone, do not bring multiple dogs.
- This class does not work on any off-leash aggression issues or progress to dogs meeting each other, on leash or off.
Oregon Humane Society
Animal Medical Learning Center
$190 for six weeks of training.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS. Thank you!
- Your dog must be spayed or neutered and at least 8 months old.
- We require proof of your dog’s current vaccinations for bordetella, distemper, parvo, and rabies.
- The first class is mandatory. Dogs do not attend the first class.
- Because vital information and safety precautions are discussed during the first class, if you ‘no-show,’ you will not be allowed to attend the rest of the classes unless you come to a private consultation for an additional $35 fee.
Register for Class
Wednesdays, June 27 – August 8, 2018, 6 – 7 pm (no class July 4) Sold out. Waitlist full.
Thursdays, June 28 – August 9, 2018, 1 – 2 pm (no class July 5) Sign up now!
Interested in being notified when our next classes are scheduled? Let us know!
Don’t want to wait for a class? Schedule a one-on-one training session and start training now!