Local animal control agencies:
To locate your missing dog, the first place to check is with local animal control agencies. In the Portland area, these agencies include:
Be sure to provide the Control Agency a color photograph and description of your dog. Visit every day, if possible.
Other places to check:
- Check Petfinder.com where you can look through a national database or even post a picture and report of a lost or found pet.
- Dove Lewis has an online database of stray animals it receives.
- The craigslist Website offers free lost and found pet postings.
- The OHS stray dog list shows the occasional stray dog received by OHS. OHS does not accept stray dogs and transfers any strays to Multnomah County Animal Services as soon as possible.
- See additional resources here.