Stray and lost cats are held at Multnomah County Animal Services in Troutdale, at Washington County Animal Services in Hillsboro, and at OHS in Portland. At OHS, we hold lost cats for three days before placing them up for adoption.
For Missing Cats
- Check the OHS Stray Cats List. After three days, cats are removed from the list, so please check the OHS Cattery listings if three days have passed. You can check these listings daily over the Website.
- Visit Multnomah County Animal Services and/or Washington County Animal Services depending on where your pet was last seen. Provide a color photograph and description of your lost cat.
- Search your house and yard immediately. Lost cats tend to remain hidden and very quiet and a lot of times right around the house.
- Visit www.catsinthebag.org for practical information that has proven effective for finding lost cats all over the world.
- Check Petfinder.com where you can look through a national database and post a picture and report of a lost or found pet.
- Check craigslist in Portland, which has an active lost and found section.