Help By Shopping & More
If you're looking for a way to help the animals, consider taking advantage of these special offers.
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
If you are a Fred Meyer shopper, it’s as easy as pie to support the pets at OHS. Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million each year to nonprofits and community groups in our region selected by customers.
All you have to do is link your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to OHS. The more you purchase with your card, the more pets at OHS will be helped. Here's how:
- Visit Fred Meyer Community Rewards online and designate OHS as your charity of choice for the Community Rewards program (enter code 87015).
- If you don't have a rewards card yet, you can create your card online and then designate OHS as your charity using the 87015 code. You can also get a rewards card at the customer service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
Selecting OHS has your charity does not in any way change the benefits you receive by using the card.
- McCollum Automotive will offer 15% off your oil changes and donate $5 to OHS when customers mention "Oil Change for Pets."
Food & Drink
- Kobos Coffee - Best Friend Blend Coffee: A wonderfully spicy, dark roasted coffee, or an easy way to help animals in need become beloved pets? It’s both. Help the Oregon Humane Society by simply purchasing great coffee. 50¢ will be donated to OHS every time you purchase a 12-oz. bag of Best Friend Blend Coffee. Grown in Central and South America, you’ll find this dark-roasted coffee to be spicy with a smooth, charcoal-like flavor. Kosher. Coffee roast profile: spicy aroma, medium body, balanced acidity. A 12-oz. package sells for $11.50.
Home & Garden
- Maid Brigade of Portland: Receive 15% off your initial cleaning and Maid Brigade will also contribute 10% of the cleaning to OHS.
- TouchWorks Massage: Offers OHS supporters a discount on a 60 minute massage. Save $30! *For new clients only.
- The Naga Center: Mention OHS and the Naga Center will donate $15 to the animals for new clients and $5 for returning clients.
- Gravelly Art: 5% of sales will go to OHS.
- MOREGON Portland Thorns T-Shirts: Cheer on the Portland Thorns and Alex Morgan in a MOREGON t-shirt. For every t-shirt purchased, the WoSo Shirt Company will donate $2 to OHS (charity selected by Alex Morgan). To order your shirt, click here.
- PAWS 4 PERKS: Become a member and save on vet visits, pet services and pet products. For each new member, a $5 donation will be made to OHS.
- ResQthreads: Products include t-shirts, tote bags, coffee and more - shop from the selection at ResQthreads and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to your animal rescue charity of choice. Shop via the link here and OHS will be pre-selected as your charity.
- ResQWalk: Created by the team at ResQthreads,
ResQwalk is an iOS (Android coming soon) mobile app that enables animal lovers to
raise money for animal rescues and shelters every time they go for a walk.
week ResQwalk announces a donation pool (e.g. $2,500). Supporters can check-in to the app whenever they go for a walk (with a dog, alone, or
with a friend). Each walker's distance is recorded and added to their chosen
rescue's weekly sum. At the end of the week donations are paid out to
the rescues proportionally to the total distance walked.
- Whole Foods Reusable Bag Donations: Bring your own shopping bag when you go grocery shopping at Whole Foods Laurelhurst, and you can donate your ten-cents bag credit to OHS! Only at the Laurelhurst location through September 2014.
Amazon Smile: Amazon.com now offers a way to support your favorite charity when shopping on their website. When you join Amazon Smile (it's free!), just select Oregon Humane Society as your charity. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of your purchase totals.
- When you sign into smile.amazon.com, you'll see products marked "Eligible for AmazonSmile donation." Kindle Store and subscribe-and-save purchases are ineligible.
- You can also support OHS by donating needed items from our Amazon Wish List.
Send Us Your Special Offers
If you are interested in helping the animals at OHS, please contact Marsha Chrest,