Dogs welcome at select wineries on July 20. Corky, mascot of sponsor CCL Label Portland, is taking her people!
Enjoy special activities and tastings. All proceeds benefit the pets of OHS.
Canines Uncorked Wine Tour July 20
License to Taste at Local Wineries!
The one-of-a-kind Canines Uncorked event on July 20 offers a day of complimentary wine tastings at dog-friendly Oregon wineries in the north Willamette Valley for just $40. Best of all, 100% of proceeds benefit the animals at OHS.
Your "License to Taste" Passport opens the door to great wines and special dog-related activities sprinkled among the participating wineries.
The wineries joining us for Canines Uncorked this year include:
Each participating winery hosts fun activities for you and your dog.
- Vine & Yards: We may not all have gardens as
beautiful as A Blooming Hill Vineyard, but here you can
receive tips to make your yard both
beautiful and pet-friendly.
- Photos with Fido: Have your and your pet's photo taken in front of the beautiful backdrop of Apolloni Vineyards.
- Paws & Paint: Create your own artwork with your dog,
view works from local artists, and learn about the art of
creating flavorful wines at David Hill Vineyards & Winery.
- Pinot & Pet Talk: “Woof, Woof, Woof,” says your
dog. (Translation: Take me to Elk Cove Vineyards to
meet with an animal communicator and let me tell you
what is on my mind.)
- Reds, Whites & Rescues: Don’t miss this opportunity to learn
about the Oregon Humane Society Technical Animal Rescue (OHStar) Team at Helvetia Winery. OHStar will share stories of rescuing dogs from cliffs and cats from bridges, and show you the equipment and techniques used in rescues.
- Lickin' Luau: Your dog will definitely want to visit
Kramer Vineyards, where they can cool off in a doggie pool, indulge in a special popcicle and relax under a shady tree.
- Grapes & Glamour: Visit Montinore Estate Vineyard
to see the latest trends in fido fashions and hairstyles.
- Tunes & Toys: Entertainment for you and your pet! Enjoy jazz music at Plum Hill
Vineyards while learning about engaging toys for your dog. Your dog can also play in the fenced dog yard .
- Flights & Frisbee: Teach your dog how to play frisbee and other fun, active games at Provincial Vineyards:
- Perfect Pairs: Learn how to pair food and saké from a SakéOne representative. OHS will also have information on how to find your perfect four-legged companion.
- Relax with Rover: With so many fun activities
along this tour, your pooch may need to take a break
and receive a massage while you enjoy spectacular wine at Shafer Vineyard Cellars.
- Taste & Treats: We all love a tasty treat! Your dog can enjoy artisan dog cookies from LexiDog Boutique & Social Club,
while you enjoy delicious wine at The Tasting Room at 1910 Main.
- Nose Works: While you smell and taste the fabulous
wines at Tualatin Estate Vineyards, your pooch
can have fun following their nose to hidden treats. OHS
Behavior and Training staff will be on-site to offer
What: Canines Uncorked Wine Tour of dog-friendly wineries that welcome you and your furry friends with food, contests, and special activities.
When: Saturday, July 20, 2013; 11 am–4 pm
Where: The wineries are in the North Willamette Valley region and will be announced soon!
Tickets: The "License to Taste" Passport and Wine Tour Guide are $40. All proceeds benefit the pets at OHS, and $25 of each ticket is tax-deductible.
Purchase Tickets Online Here
Get your tickets online in advance of the event and save $10! On the day of the event, tickets can be purchased for $50 at select participating wineries (TBA). Online ticket sales close at 9 am on July 16.
Please Support Our Sponsors
OHS thanks North Willamette Vintners and CCL Label of Portland for their sponsorship of Canines Uncorked.