Make 2018 a better year by taking to heart a New Year’s resolution for your four-legged friends. OHS encourages everyone to adopt one (or more) of these resolutions for 2018, especially the #1 resolution: keep pets safe when disaster strikes.
New Year’s Resolutions:
- I will have a plan and a “go kit” ready to keep my pets safe in a disaster or emergency situation (learn about pets and disaster planning here).
- I will get exercise by walking and playing with my dog every day (learn about dog training and fitness classes offered by OHS here)
- I will keep my cat mentally and physically healthy with at least five minutes of kitty playtime every day (lots of tips on great cat toys can be found here).
- I will be a voice for those who can’t speak for themselves and will report animal neglect and abuse when I see it (make a report to OHS about suspected cruelty here).
- I will give the gift of compassion by volunteering at a local shelter and/or by making a financial donation to help pets in need (visit the OHS website to learn more).
- I will make a plan for my pets in the event of my absence (learn about our Friends Forever program).