Salem Campus Pet Adoption Experience
Check out the available pets on our website. All animals available for adoption inquiries are shown on the website.
When you find the perfect pet, click on the “Adopt Me” button on that pet’s profile page. You’ll be prompted to sign up for Adopets, our online adoption partner, to start the adoption process. Then, watch your email inbox! We’ll send you follow-up messages that help you track your application. Follow those prompts to schedule appointments and more.
Arrive at the shelter at your scheduled time to meet your potential family member. Bring your phone with you, as you’ll need to sign your contract and pay your adoption fee through Adopets.
What sort of cat or dog is a right fit for your family or lifestyle?
We always recommend that potential pet parents ask themselves the following questions before starting their search for an adoptable pet:
- How will a new pet mesh with your lifestyle?
- What sort of qualities or personality are you looking for in a pet? Do those qualities align with your current lifestyle and household?
- Do you need permission from your landlord or homeowners association? Are there fees, deposits, or “pet rent” that must be paid?
How much does it cost to adopt an animal from OHS?
As an independent non-profit, Oregon Humane Society relies on community donations to fund lifesaving programs. That means the adoption fee you pay helps us provide care for a future pet, as well as helps cover the costs of care that your new animal received before he or she goes home with you—including:
- A complete medical exam with our shelter veterinarian
- Microchip and national registration
- Spay or neuter surgery
- First vaccinations and deworming
- A collar and leash for dogs, or a cardboard carrier for cats
- Personalized ID tag
Adoption fees for individual pets are listed on that animal’s profile on our website. Your adoption fee is paid at the time of adoption, along with any associated county licensing fees. OHS accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, and debit cards. We cannot accept checks.