Be a TLC Donor
Thomas Lamb Eliot Circle
Named in honor of one of our founders, the Thomas Lamb Eliot Circle (TLC) is a leadership giving group recognizing individuals, donor advised funds and family foundations contributing $1,000 or more for annual operations each year to sustain and advance the work of the Oregon Humane Society.
Join TLC or Renew Your Support
Your gift of $1,000 or more qualifies you for the Thomas Lamb Eliot Circle. As a TLC donor, you are a VIP to the animals in our care, and to us.
If you have questions about the Thomas Lamb Eliot Circle, please contact Margaret Clement at (503) 416-7083 or via email »
- A dedicated staff member to serve as your personal liaison to OHS
- Behind-the-scenes shelter tours
- A 10% discount at our in-shelter pet store, Best Friends’ Corner
- A one-year subscription to our quarterly publications, The TLC Insider e-newsletter and OHS Magazine, providing you with insider stories and much more
- Recognition as one of the greatest OHS advocates in our annual report
- Invitations to exclusive TLC donor events
Are you interested in a look behind-the-scenes at the Oregon Humane Society? We will be conducting monthly tours of the Ernest C. Swigert Animal Shelter and Animal Medical Learning Center. Tours will be held on the second Saturday and fourth Wednesday of every month at 11 a.m. and 12 p.m.
Please RSVP to Margaret Clement or call (503) 416-7083. If you have any questions, or these dates and times do not work for you, please contact Margaret.
About Thomas Lamb Eliot
In 1868, Thomas Lamb Eliot and twelve leading Oregonians founded the third humane society in the United States and named it the Oregon Humane Society.
“Must do something for horses here,” Dr. Eliot noted to himself after witnessing a much-abused carriage horse mired in the mud of a Portland street. Eliot served as OHS Board President for 23 years.
This tradition of pioneering spirit, compassion and dedication continues today, with enormous assistance from donors in the Thomas Lamb Eliot Circle.