Bring Bo to the Dash
Help bring Bo to Doggie Dash!
A lovesick Goldendoodle needs our help! Recently, OHS and Ramona, a Portland dog with a crush on Bo Obama, teamed up to invite the First Dog of the United States (FDOTUS) to be Grand Marshal of the 26th Annual Doggie Dash (and Ramona's date!).
Ramona's video letter to Bo went viral and was seen, enjoyed, and supported by people (and canines) throughout the country—and in others! Nearly 1,600 people signed our petition to Bring Bo to the Dash. Our voices were heard: OHS received a response from the White House! Will Bo be Ramona's date and our Grand Marshal? Watch the video below to find out.
We received a response from Bo and Michelle Obama! Watch the video to see what happens. And stay tuned for more to come...
Sadly, Bo is 'grounded' and won't be able to make it to the Doggie Dash this year to be Ramona's date. Ramona's not letting this keep her down, though—she's still going to be Dashing for pets on May 11 at the Portland Waterfront! This means Ramona's single, though, and we want to help her find a new date for the Dash.
Some of Ramona's interests include:
- being a cute, fluffy Goldendoodle
- being groomed at Portland's great local doggie salons/daycares
- blues music
- eating carrots and other healthy snacks
- frolicking at the beach
Is your dog a perfect match for Ramona, and will you be Dashing with us on May 11? Help your dog post a photo and a brief note about why s/he's Ramona's perfect Doggie Dash date. Post to the OHS Facebook by Friday, May 3 and we'll let our Facebook Fans vote for Ramona's best match!
Local dog Ramona has a big crush on Bo and would really like him to come visit the Dash. Watch Ramona's video message to Bo:
You can also read Ramona's letter and invitation (PDF) to Bo. This is an actual copy of the letter and invitation Ramona and her helpers sent to Bo at the White House in March.
Follow Ramona on Twitter for updates on the situation: @Ramona_the_dog. You can join in the conversation yourself and tag Ramona and use the hashtag #DoggieDash in your posts.
In Her Own Words: Why Ramona Has a Crush on Bo
- I love Bo’s black and white tuxedo markings. With my white fluffy fur, we’d make an awesome couple!
- Just like Bo (who is a Portuguese Water Dog), Goldendoodles are hypoallergenic. The first family would adore me!
- Did I mention I love the blues? Bo is named after blues musician Bo Didley, so we have so much in common!
- I love to eat carrots and Bo loves tomatoes (really, that’s what the White House says!). Together we’d make sure every scrap of those healthy meals made by First Lady Michelle went to good use.
- Did someone mention Hawaii? I am such the beach dog. Bo needs someone to frolic in the sand with. And I can’t wait to show him the Oregon coast. He’d love it!
We asked for your help to Bring Bo to the Dash, and nearly 1,600 of you added your voices to our petition! With your help, our invitation was seen by the First Family and Ramona's tale was shared all over the country (and overseas). See the online petition to help us Bring Bo to the Dash »
Ramona even has her own Doggie Dash team! Any Doggie Dash participants are welcome to join Team Ramona. If you can't Dash, you can still support any member of Team Ramona with a donation, which in turn supports the pets at OHS.