Levels – Basic Dog Training
Levels – Basic Dog Training On-site
These Levels classes are designed so you and your dog (4 months and older) can learn at your own pace. You choose your own schedule from several options that are offered each week. No more having to go to a series of classes where you can fall behind if you miss one class. The training is broken into levels, each level builds on the previous level and your dog progresses when they are ready. They can also revisit previous levels if they need a refresher at any point of their training.
Step 1: Intro to Levels Training Class
$25 for intro session.
The onsite intro class is for people only so please leave your dog at home.
There are also virtual options via zoom.
In this informative intro class, the trainers will teach you how dogs learn and show you how to read body language. They will walk you through how our program works, how to prepare for the classes and what to bring to each class.
** Please see the calendar below to sign up for this class as well as all the Levels Classes**
On site Intro Session at OHS
Saturday June 11th 1-2pm (on site – people only)
Saturday June 25th 1-2pm (on site – people only)
Sunday July 10th 11:30am-12:30pm (on site – people only)
Saturday July 23rd 1-2pm (on site – people only)
Virtual Intro Session via Zoom – MUST opt into emails to receive link for Zoom
Wednesday June 15th 6:30-7:30pm (Virtual)
Sunday June 26th 11:30am-12:30pm (Virtual)
Wednesday July 6th 6:30-7:30pm (Virtual)
Wednesday July 20th 6:30-7:30pm (Virtual)
Sunday July 31st 11:30am-12:30pm (Virtual)
Step 2: After you attend the Intro Class, Schedule your first Levels Class through the calendar below.
When you schedule your first Levels class, you can chose one of the follow packages to purchase:
Levels Training Class Pass 6 Classes – $180
($30 a class)
Levels Training Class Pass 8 Classes – $225
($28 a class)
Levels Training Class Pass 10 Classes – $260
($26 a class)
Which training class pass should I buy and how should I apply them?
Here are some examples:
A dog without training experience – purchase the 8 or 10 pack of classes, then attend:
- (2) Level 1 classes
- (2) Level 2 classes
- (2) Level 3 classes
- (2) Level 4 classes
- If you purchased the 10 pack, then you would have 2 classes left for refreshers
A dog with some training experience – purchase the 6 or 8 pack of classes, then attend:
- (1) Level 1 class
- (1) Level 2 class
- (2) Level 3 classes
- (2) Level 4 classes
- If you purchased the 8 pack, then you would have 2 classes left for refreshers
Price is per dog. Your dog will attend class with you. Please limit attendance to 2 people. Please contact us if you need to make an exception or bring your children to class. Purchases are non-refundable once your training begins.
You can watch this 3 minute video on how these classes work here: Click here
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS.
- Clients are required to attend the “Intro to Training Class” at OHS or virtually.
- If a member of your household is not feeling well, please stay home.
- Dogs must have no known history of aggression towards people or other animals.
- Dogs must be four months or older. If your dog will be between 9 and 15 weeks, please sign up for Puppy Manners or Puppy Romp instead.
- Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations. Distemper/parvo combination vaccine is required for all dogs. Rabies vaccine is required for dogs over six months. Bordetella vaccine is recommended.
- Dogs over six months must be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must be healthy and free of any symptoms of illness. No coughing, sneezing, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. within 24 hours of class.
Note: Completion of all 4 levels can be followed by the Canine Good Citizen Test. Please talk to the trainer in your Levels class for more information.
Examples of what you will learn in each level:
- Beginning Come when Called
- Focus & Attention Exercises
- Intro to loose leash walking
- Managing Polite Greetings
- Routine Settle
- “Touch” Hand Targeting
- Sit, Down, and Stay
- “Watch” on Cue
- Loose Leash Walking with Increased Focus
- Stay with Increased Distance and Distraction
- Come When Called with Increased Distance
- Intro to Heel with Side Sit and Stay at Side
- Routine Settle and Polite Greetings Continued
- Beginning “leave it”
- Beginning “drop it”
- Calm greeting guests
- “Wait” at the door
- Beginning “go to bed”
- Learning a trick!
- Advanced “leave it”
- Advanced “drop it”
- Stay with advanced distractions
- “Advanced “go to bed” (adding distance and duration)
- Generalizing learned cues to new environments
Remember that we offer private, one-on-one training as well one-on-one training.
Does your dog bark, whine, pull or stop responding to you when you see a dog at a distance? These classes may be a better fit for you and your dog: Reactive Rover, a virtual training class, or try one-on-one training instead.
Training and Behavior Department Contact
Call us at (503) 802-6729 or send us a message.