Puppy Manners Training Classes
Socialization and clear boundaries are so important for puppies. In this fun and informative class, you and your puppy will learn all you need for a happy, well-balanced relationship, including:
- Important and vital socialization with other puppies and other people.
- How to handle play-biting.
- The basics about potty-training and crate-training.
- How to teach basic cues: sit, down, come, and name recognition.
- Managing the puppy in the home to set him or her up for success.
Oregon Humane Society – Manners Hall
1067 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97211 Get directions»
Manners Hall is in the Animal Medical Learning Center.
$165 for six weeks of training. The first night of class is an informational session for people only. Puppies attend the next five classes.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS. Thank you!
Your puppy must be:
- Between 9 and 15 weeks of age at the START of class (not at the time you sign you up online).
- Up-to-date on vaccinations. Your puppy must have received at least one round of a distemper/parvo combination vaccine at least seven days prior to starting class. Bordetella vaccine is recommended. Rabies vaccination and spay/neuter are not required since dogs are under 7 months of age.
- Healthy and free of any symptoms of illness. No coughing, sneezing, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. within 24 hours of class.
Register for Class
Saturdays, September 21 – October 26, 2019, 11 am – 12 pm Sold out. Get on our waitlist!
Tuesdays, October 15 – November 19, 2019, 6 – 7 pm Sign up now!
Interested in being notified when our next class is scheduled? Let us know!