Little Learners Class
Do you feel like you could benefit from a training class tailored for your pint-size pup’s needs? Join us for Little Learners! This is a great class for dogs that are worried about bigger dogs or feel more comfortable around dogs their own size. In this class, we cover the basics, like ‘sit’, ‘down,’ ‘come,’ walking nicely on leash and keeping all four little paws on the floor. We use real life scenarios so the skills you learn in class are easily transferred into your home and everyday life.
Dogs attending should be 4 months or older at the start of class and weigh 20 pounds or less when fully grown. If your dog will be between 9 and 15 weeks when class begins, please sign up for Puppy Manners instead. If your dog is larger, join us for Basic Manners.
Oregon Humane Society – Manners Hall
1067 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97211 Get directions»
Manners Hall is in the Animal Medical Learning Center.
$165 for six weeks of training. The first night of class is an informational session for people only. Dogs attend the next five classes.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS.
- Your dog must be at least 4 months of age for Little Learners. Under 4 months of age? Check out our Puppy Manners program!
- Your dog must weigh 20 lbs. or less as an adult.
- Your dog must be spayed or neutered (for dogs under 6 months of age, the spay/neuter requirement is waived).
- We require that your dog has shown no known aggression to people or animals.
- Your dog must be current on vaccinations appropriate for their age – Da2pp and Rabies required, Bordetella recommended.
Register for Class
Tuesdays, January 22 – February 26, 2019, 6 – 7 pm Sold out. Get on our waitlist!
Thursdays, February 7 – March 21, 2019, 12:30 – 1:30 pm (no class Feb. 21) Sign up now!
Tuesdays, March 5 – April 9, 2019, 6 – 7 pm Sign up now!
Interested in being notified when our next class is scheduled? Let us know!