Little Learners Class
Do you feel like you could benefit from a training class tailored for your pint-size pup’s needs? Join us for Little Learners! This is a great class for dogs that are worried about bigger dogs or feel more comfortable around dogs their own size. In this class, we cover the basics, like ‘sit’, ‘down,’ ‘come,’ walking nicely on leash and keeping all four little paws on the floor. We use real life scenarios so the skills you learn in class are easily transferred into your home and everyday life.
Dogs attending should be 4 months or older at the start of class and weigh 20 pounds or less when fully grown. If your dog will be between 9 and 15 weeks when class begins, please sign up for Puppy Manners instead. If your dog is larger, join us for Basic Manners.
Oregon Humane Society – Manners Hall
1067 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97211 Get directions»
Manners Hall is in the Animal Medical Learning Center.
$165 for six weeks of training. The first night of class is an informational session for people only. Dogs attend the next five classes.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS.
- Dogs must have no known history of aggression towards people or other animals.
- Dogs must weigh 20 pounds or less when fully grown.
- Dogs must be four months or older. Under four months? Check out our Puppy Manners class!
- Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations. Distemper/parvo combination vaccine is required for all dogs. Rabies vaccine is required for dogs over six months. Bordetella vaccine is recommended.
- Dogs over six months must be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must be healthy and free of any symptoms of illness. No coughing, sneezing, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. within 24 hours of class.
Register for Class
Our classes are going virtual. View our virtual options here.
Interested in being notified when our next class is scheduled? Let us know!