Basic Manners Classes
In our Basic Manners class, we not only help you and your dog learn the basics, but help your dog listen to cues around distractions. We use real life scenarios so the skills you learn in class can easily be transferred into your home.
During this six week class, you’ll discover how to:
- Teach your dog basic cues like sit, down, stay and come.
- Practice loose leash walking – even around other dogs, people, toys and other distractions.
- Get your dog to focus on you – especially when you really need it.
Dogs attending should be 4 months or older at the start of class. If your dog will be between 9 and 15 weeks when class begins, please sign up for Puppy Manners instead.
Does your dog bark, whine, pull and stop responding to you even when you just see a dog at a distance? Consider our Reactive Rover Class, or contact us to help determine whether Basic Manners is appropriate for your dog.
Oregon Humane Society
Animal Medical Learning Center
$160 for six weeks of training. The first class is an informational session for people only. Dogs attend the next five weeks.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS.
- Your dog must be at least 4 months of age for Basic Manners. Under 4 months of age? Check out our Puppy Manners program.
- Your dog must be spayed or neutered (for dogs under 6 months of age, the spay/neuter requirement is waived).
- We require that your dog has shown no known aggression to people or animals.
- Your dog must be current on vaccinations appropriate for their age, Da2pp and Rabies required, Bordetella recommended.
Register for Class
Tuesdays, May 22 – June 26, 2018, 7:30 – 8:30 pm Sold out. Waitlist full.
Saturdays, June 2 – July 7, 2018, 10:45 – 11:45 am Sold out. Waitlist full.
Mondays, June 4 – July 9, 2018, 6 – 7 pm Sold out. Waitlist full.
Fridays, June 8 – July 13, 2018, 12 – 1 pm Sold out. Get on our waitlist!
Saturdays, June 9 – July 14, 2018, 1 – 2 pm Sold out. Waitlist full.
Thursdays, June 14 – July 19, 2018, 6:15 – 7:15 pm Sold out. Get on our waitlist!
Mondays, July 16 – August 20, 2018, 6 – 7 pm Sign up now!
Sundays, July 22 -August 26, 2018, 2 – 3 pm Sign up now!
Saturdays, July 28 – September 8, 2018, 10:45 – 11:45 am (no class Sept. 1) Sign up now!
Saturdays, July 28 – September 8 , 2018, 12:15 – 1:15 pm (no class Sept. 1) Sign up now!
Looking for a class just for small dogs? Try Little Learners!
Interested in being notified when our next classes are scheduled? Let us know!