Adolescent Manners Class
Let us help you survive those teenage months with your pup! Adolescent Manners is the next step in training for dogs under a year of age who have already taken a basic level class. We will continue the training, the socialization and the fun! We will deal with adolescent issues like rough play, jumping on people, coming when called, loose leash walking, go to bed on cue and more!
Our five week class will focus on:
- Continuing socialization with people and other dogs.
- Tips for surviving your dog’s difficult teenage stage.
- Teaching the super important concept of self control.
- Continuing the basic cues: stay, come and loose leash walking.
Adolescent Manners is an intermediate level class for dogs who are under one year of age when class begins. If your dog is one year or older, join our Beyond the Basics class instead. If you have not taken a basic level class, start with Puppy Manners, Basic Manners or Little Learners before joining this class.
Oregon Humane Society – Manners Hall
1067 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97211 Get directions»
Manners Hall is in the Animal Medical Learning Center.
$140 for five weeks of dog training. Dogs attend all five weeks.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS. Thank you!
- Dogs must be people and dog friendly.
- Dogs must have taken a basic or puppy training class prior to attending.
- Dogs must be under one year of age at the start of class (not at the time you sign you up online).
- Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations. Distemper/parvo combination vaccine is required for all dogs. Rabies vaccine is required for dogs over six months. Bordetella vaccine is recommended.
- Dogs over six months must be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must be healthy and free of any symptoms of illness. No coughing, sneezing, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. within 24 hours of class.
Register for Class
Wednesdays, June 19 – July 24, 2019, 7:30 – 8:30 pm (no class on July 3) Sign up now!
Interested in being notified when our next class is scheduled? Let us know!