Summer Day Camps for Youth
Camp Registration Coming in February!
We love to bring animal and campers together because youth who learn to be kind and compassionate to animals grow into more compassionate adults, helping to create a more humane society.
This summer, campers will interact with companion animals, learn pet care basics, play games, learn basic training techniques, make animal-based crafts, bake treats and build a warm and welcoming camp community. It is our goal to increase campers’ understanding and awareness of the role that they can have as ambassadors for the animals.
- COVID-19 Policies
- Ages: For campers in grades rising 3rd to 8th. Camp curriculum is designed to be developmentally appropriate for a specific age-range, and we are unable to accommodate requests to enroll campers who do not meet the age specifications.
- Camp fee: $325
- Times: Camp Programming begins at 9:30 a.m. and doors will open at 8:45 a.m. for drop off. There will be free choice time before 9:30 a.m. Camp will end at 4 p.m.
- Be sure your camper is dressed appropriately for a day in the shelter and animal interaction. Closed toed shoes and long pants are required, every day. Days start off chilly- layer up!
- Because of our interactions with animals and the environment of the shelter, we are unable to accommodate animal and/or peanut allergies.
- Socialization with animals will be based on the availability of appropriate shelter pets.
- Lunch and snacks will not be provided. Please pack healthy lunches and snacks for energy and fun.
Applications for 2023 Scholarships Coming in February 2023
Oregon Humane Society believes in providing opportunities for all children to be able to attend our programs. We are committed to serving as many families as possible; however, scholarship funds are limited. Awards will be for 50-100% of camp tuition.