Spring Break Mini Camp
Spring Break Mini Camp for Youth
March 21-25, 2022
What better way to spend spring break than with our shelter pets?
Our week-long camp for children grades 4th-8th introduces the kindness, care, empathy and fun that is needed to run the Oregon Humane Society! Come join us for a week of action-packed and animal filled experiences to highlight our amazing animals waiting for their forever homes. Kids will learn new skills in training and handling tips, animal socialization, baking treats and animal crafts. With guest speakers and animal related topics, this camp will open up a world of advocating for our furry and feathered friends.
Camp sessions take place here at the Oregon Humane Society. COVID-19 protocols and safety precautions are in place to keep everyone safe.
Spring Break Camp Basics:
- Ages: For campers in grades 4th-8th. Camp curriculum is designed to be developmentally appropriate for a specific age-range, and we are unable to accommodate requests to enroll campers who do not meet the age specifications.
- Camp fee: $300
- Dates: March 21-25, 2022
- Times: 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Be sure your camper is dressed appropriately for a day in the shelter and animal interaction. Closed toed shoes & masks are required. Days start off chilly- layer up!
- Because of our interactions with animals and the environment of the shelter, we are unable to accommodate animal &/or peanut allergies.
- Socialization with animals will be based on the availability of appropriate shelter pets.
- Please bring snacks and a lunch that does not require refrigeration.
- Masks will be required at all times while inside the shelter.
Oregon Humane Society believes in providing opportunities for all children to be able to attend our programs. We are committed to serving as many families as possible; however, scholarship funds are limited. Awards will be for 100% of camp tuition.. Stay tuned for more information on scholarships, application dates and notifications.