OHS After-School Clubs
Fall 2021: Compassion Crew Clubs
OHS Compassion Crew Clubs allow youth to develop and strengthen their love of, appreciation for, and knowledge of animals. During the Fall 2021 After-School Club season, youth will have a chance to share about their pets, time to learn about animal related topics, and the opportunity to do something with what they’ve learned.
This fall, we are rolling out our new shelter badge program. Clubbers that come to all the Compassion Crew I (4th-5th grades) meetings will earn their Pets badge. Clubbers that attend all the Compassion Crew II (6th-8th grades) meetings will earn their Kindness badge.
We are currently planning to hold clubs in-person at the shelter (masks required), but that could change if COVID numbers continue to rise. OHS has mandated that staff be vaccinated or tested weekly, and we are developing safety protocols for use in our After-School Clubs.
Registration is now open for both clubs, but spots are limited to 12 youth per session. Click here to register.
$75 per club
Scholarships will be available, but funds are limited. Awards will be for either 50% or 100% of the $75 club fee.
- Contact [email protected] for more information or to apply.
- Club scholarship applications must be completed and by submitted by Tuesday, October 12, 2021 to be considered.
- If awarded a scholarship, you will be notified via email by Thursday, October 14, 2021, and sent a discount code to use when you register for club.
Fall 2021 Compassion Crew Schedule
All sessions run from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Oregon Humane Society, Education Hall.
Compassion Crew I (4th-5th grade)
- Wednesday, October 20
- Wednesday, October 27
- Wednesday, November 3
- Wednesday, November 10
Compassion Crew II (6th-8th grade)
- Wednesday, November 17
- **No Club on Wednesday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Eve)**
- Wednesday, December 1
- Wednesday, December 8
- Wednesday, December 15
COVID Safety Protocols
OHS wants our Compassion Crew participants and their parents to feel safe and comfortable participating in the program. We will implement the following COVID Safety Protocols:
- All OHS Staff and Volunteers are required to be vaccinated.
- Masks required for all staff, volunteers and participants.
- Leader:Student ratio of 1:3; 12 children per session.
- Seating in activity areas will be spaced; doors will be kept open, where possible for air circulation. Surfaces will be sanitized frequently.
- Staff, volunteers and guardians will be asked to confirm that no one in the household is experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness upon arrival to OHS, and will be asked not to come if they do have symptoms.
- Handwashing at arrival, before and after meeting animals, before and after snacks, and before checkout.
- Students will work in pods of 3, and rotate through activities with their pod and leader; same leader and pod each week.
- Snacks will be individually packaged, and social distancing will be enforced during snack time.
- Art and other activity supplies will either be sanitized between uses or individual use only.