OHS After-School Clubs
Winter 2022: Compassion Crew Clubs
OHS Compassion Crew Clubs allow youth, grades 4th – 8th to develop and strengthen their love of, appreciation for, and knowledge of animals.
Compassion Crew I for 4th/5th grade
January 19 – February 9; Wednesday evenings, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
If your child loves animals and want to earn their OHS Kindness Badge, join us to learn how kindness and compassion are woven throughout the whole shelter, socialize with our pets waiting for their forever home, work on shelter kindness projects and have fun!
Compassion Crew II for 6th- – 8th grade
February 16 – March 9; Wednesday evenings, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Because your middle school child loves animals and wants to earn their OHS Pets Badge, sign them up to come learn how the different breeds of pets fit with their personality and how choices are best made when we consider the needs of the animals. We will socialize with our companion pets, work on projects in the shelter and have fun!
Registration is now closed
$75 per club
Scholarships will be available, but funds are limited. Awards will be for either 50% or 100% of the $75 club fee.
- Contact [email protected] for more information or to apply.
- Club scholarship applications must be completed and by submitted by January 12, 2022 to be considered.
- If awarded a scholarship, you will be notified via email by January 14, 2022, and sent a discount code to use when you register for club.
WINTER 2022 Compassion Crew Schedule
All sessions run from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Oregon Humane Society, Education Hall.
Compassion Crew I (4th-5th grade): KINDNESS BADGE
- Wednesday, January 19
- Wednesday, January 26
- Wednesday, February 2
- Wednesday, February 9
Compassion Crew II (6th-8th grade): PETS BADGE
- Wednesday, February 16
- Wednesday, February 23
- Wednesday, March 2
- Wednesday, March 9
COVID Safety Protocols
OHS wants our Compassion Crew participants and their parents to feel safe and comfortable participating in the program. We will implement the following COVID Safety Protocols:
- All OHS Staff and Volunteers are required to be vaccinated.
- Masks required for all staff, volunteers and participants.
- Seating in activity areas will be spaced; doors will be kept open, where possible for air circulation. Surfaces will be sanitized frequently.
- Staff, volunteers and guardians will be asked to confirm that no one in the household is experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness upon arrival to OHS, and will be asked not to come if they do have symptoms.
- Handwashing at arrival, before and after meeting animals, before and after snacks, and before checkout.
- Snacks will be individually packaged, and social distancing will be enforced during snack time.
- Art and other activity supplies will either be sanitized between uses or individual use only.