Valentine’s Day for Families at the Shelter
Oregon Humane Society’s Family Days are a fantastic way to spend time together, developing and strengthening your love, appreciation, and experience of animals. This event is designed for a parent/grandparent/family member/special friend to accompany a child/children to the shelter to socialize with animals, bake valentine’s day treats for pets, craft cards and decor, tour the shelter and learn how we weave kindness and compassion through everything we do while our animal friends await their forever homes. All proceeds from this event go to support the animals and operations of the shelter. Children must be at least 6 years old.
Sunday, February 12, 2023
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
$25 per person We will provide a light treat for the afternoon. All adults MUST be accompanied by a child. Depending on the weather, we may socialize with dogs outside. Please dress appropriately with closed toed shoes, long pants and long sleeves.
- All adults must be accompanied by a child (children), with a 2 child limit per adult.
- Children must be at least 6 years old.
- All families will be assigned a group to tour and socialize animals.
- Please dress appropriately for a day in the shelter and animal interaction. Closed toed shoes & long pants are required.
- Because of our interactions with animals and the environment of the shelter, we are unable to accommodate animal &/or peanut allergies.
- Socialization with animals will be based on the availability of appropriate shelter pets.
- Capacity is limited