|Looks like||American Pit Bull, Mix|
|Age||3 years and 6 months|
What my friends at OHS say about me:
- I have been working with the Behavior and Training team here at OHS for consistency and am looking for a special home. It will take time and patience to get to know me. You'll need to meet with me multiple times before taking me home.
- To learn more about my specific needs, please read my What to Expect handout.
- I've nearly mastered training cues, such as sit, down, stay, come, and walking on a loose leash! You'll be impressed with my skills.
- But that's doesn't mean there's not more to learn and I love to learn! You can use my favorite toys or treats as positive reinforcement and to teach me new things.
- Shy and Nervous: I can be worried about new people, new surroundings and touch. I prefer to take things at my own pace and will need to live in a calm environment.
- It can take me some time to warm up, but once I do I really enjoy zooming around in the yard, snuggling up on the couch with my human friends, and I will always greet you with all my wiggly wiggles and a big grin on my face.
- I have lived with other dogs in my last home and love the company of other confident socialized dogs.
The type of home I'm looking for:
- I need to go to a home without small children. They make me nervous with their fast movement, loud vocalizations, and inappropriate touching.
- I would flourish in a calm environment and a low-traffic home.
- I need a home without cats. They frighten me.
- I am more comfortable with women than men, but can adjust to calm and patient people with time!
- I will need to meet any canine companions prior to getting adopted.
- It could be with you! Click here to learn about the adoption process.
- You can also stock up on food and treats using our online store by clicking here.
Interested in adopting me?
Adoption meet and greets are done by appointment, but the shelter is open for walk-through viewing. We also have availability each day for walk-in adoptions.
Submit an adoption questionnaire for a pet you are interested in, and we will contact you to set up your meet and greet when you become the next in line.
Search For More Dogs & Puppies
- 3y 2m
- 68.4 lbs
- 23 lbs
- 1y 6m
- 83.2 lbs
- 2y 6m
- 61.4 lbs
- 10.3 lbs
- 45.8 lbs
- 47.1 lbs
- 8y 2m
- 14 lbs
- 60 lbs
- 39.6 lbs
- 20.3 lbs