Fido and Friend
Fido and Friend: Dog Training for Kids
In this fun, interactive class, your child will get to take the lead! They’ll discover how to teach your dog basic cues and cool tricks. Plus, they’ll learn more about canine body language and how to appropriately play with their best friend. This class is taught by Natalie, who is both a dog trainer and an elementary school teacher.
For kids ages 9 to 12 and dogs 4 months and older.
Please note: This class will cover basic cues (sit, down, stay, etc.); however, if your adult dog has had no previous training, we recommend attending a Basic Manners class before coming to this class. Please contact us if you have questions.
Oregon Humane Society
Animal Medical Learning Center
$110 for five weeks of training. The first class is an informational session for people only. Dogs attend the next four classes.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS.
- The fee is for one child with one dog. Classroom space is limited, so please contact us if you would like to bring additional children to class.
- This class is geared for children who are 9 to 12 years old.
- An adult (18+) must be present during class.
- Your dog must be kid and dog friendly.
- Your dog must be at least 4 months of age.
- Your dog must be spayed or neutered (for dogs under 6 months of age, the spay/neuter requirement is waived) and be current on vaccinations appropriate for their age, Da2pp and Rabies required; Bordetella recommended.
Register for Class
Thursdays, June 29 – August 3, 2017, 6:15 – 7 pm (no class July 13) Sign up now!
Interested in being notified when our next class is scheduled? Let us know!