Pet Partner Team All-Inclusive Training Course
Our all-inclusive AAT Package includes an all-day workshop to educate you about how to become a Pet Partner as well as four weeks of specialized dog training to ensure you pass your Pet Partner evaluation!
Part I. Pet Partner Class - (all day class for people only)
Come to our all day class and learn what you need to know as an animal-assisted therapy pet handler. Build skills for working with people, managing your pet to perform best, and understand how to be safe while helping others. As part of your all day class, you will receive the official Pet Partners Manual.
Part II. Pet Partner Dog Training Classes
Just as important as book knowledge is hands-on training with your pet. The AAT prep school at OHS prepares individuals and their animals to take the national Pet Partner Skills & Aptitude Evaluation exam. Pet Partner teams who pass the exam are recognized as having the skills needed to bring pets into health care facilities, libraries, schools and other organizations.
What your fee includes
- A full day of Manual Training with a licensed Pet Partners instructor.
- Four weeks of hands-on training with your dog (Saturdays, 11:00 am- 12:00 pm).
- A 30 minute private training with the instructor to help you prepare for the evaluation, which is scheduled at your convenience.
- The Pet Partners Team Manual (normally an additional cost of $40).
- One evaluation opportunity to become registered as a Pet Partners team. You will sign up for your evaluation day and time during the class.
Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA)
Licensed Pet Partners Instructor & Evaluator
Part I. Pet Partner Class
Saturday, July 27th, 2013 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
Conference Room (2nd Floor)
Part II. Dog Training Classes
Four Saturdays: August 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Part III. Evaluation (individual evaluation times are appointed during class)
Sunday, September 8th between 9 am and 6 pm
- Your dog must be spayed or neutered and up-to-date on vaccinations for distemper, parvo and rabies.
- Your dog must be at least 1 year of age.
- You must have owned your dog for at least 6 months.
- Dogs who are evaluated to become a Pet Partner must be at least one year of age at the time of the evaluation.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS. Thank you!
Register here for class starting July 27th, 2013
Please call Lori Kirby at (503) 802-6713
Back to Top
< Back to AAT at OHS information
< Look at all of our training classes