Little Learners Dog Training Classes:
5 Weeks of Dog Training for You and Your Small Dog
Feel like you could benefit from a training class tailored to you and your pint-size pup's needs? We offer dog training that is fun, easy to fit into your life, and ultimately works! We will help you work on the usual basic cues such as, 'come', 'stay', 'leave it', etc., but will target some necessary trainings specifically for your small dog.
We will help provide solutions for jumping up on people, barking, appropriate socialization with new dogs and people, and more! We use real life scenarios so the skills you learn in class are easily transferred into your home and everyday life.
Learn more about class requirements and registration below.
- Everyone must attend our Intro to Training class as part of the Manners Program. (see next section)
- Your dog must be at least 4 months of age for Basic Manners.
- Your dog must be smaller than 20 lbs. as an adult.
- Your dog must be spayed or neutered. (For dogs under 6 months of age, the spay/neuter requirement is waived.)
- We require that your dog has shown no known aggression to people or animals. Aggression means biting or lunging with the intent to bite or harm.
- Your dog must be current on vaccinations including Da2pp, Rabies, and Bordatella. (Dogs under 6 months old do not have to be vaccinated for rabies.)
Intro to Training Class - Required
- Everyone must attend our Intro to Training class as part of their Manners course.
- You receive access to any Intro to Training class that is offered as part of your class fee. No need to sign up separately.
- Intro to Training Class will provide you with:
- valuable education regarding basic training techniques, how to set your dog up for success in the home, ways to provide essential exercise, potty-training tips, and other dog care basics.
- an overview of our positive training philosophy and methods.
- realistic expectations for dog training and behavior.
- Intro To Training is for people only; please do not bring dogs to class.
- Intro To Training is also available to folks as a stand-alone class. Find out more.
$150* for 5 weeks of dog training plus Intro to Training class
*Current OHS volunteers and dogs from Oregon shelters are entitled to a 10% discount in the form of a gift certificate to either of the OHS Pet retail stores.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at OHS. Thank you!
Saturdays, June 22nd - July 27th*, 2:30 - 3:30 pm
*No class on July 6th.
Interested in being on a wait list for a sold out class listed above? Or wish we offered this class at a different day or time? Let us know!
< Back to list of class offerings