Canines Uncorked Wine Tour July 20
License to Taste at Local Wineries!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for a one-of-a-kind Canines Uncorked winery tour on July 20! The day was enjoyed by people and dogs alike. Did you and your pooch have your portrait taken at Apolloni Vineyards? See all portraits online here, and purchase copies of your favorites if you like! 100% of proceeds benefit the pets at OHS.
See all portraits online in the full gallery here
The wineries that joined us for Canines Uncorked this year were:
Click here to download a map of participating wineries.
Each participating winery hosts fun activities for you and your dog.
- Vine & Yards: We may not all have gardens as
beautiful as A Blooming Hill Vineyard, but here you can
receive tips to make your yard both
beautiful and pet-friendly.
- Photos with Fido: Have your and your pet's photo taken in front of the beautiful backdrop of Apolloni Vineyards.
- Paws & Paint: Create your own artwork with your dog,
view works from local artists, and learn about the art of
creating flavorful wines at David Hill Vineyards & Winery.
- Pinot & Pet Talk: "Woof, Woof, Woof," says your
dog. (Translation: Take me to Elk Cove Vineyards to
meet with an animal communicator and let me tell you
what's on my mind.)
- Reds, Whites & Rescues: Don't miss this opportunity to learn
about the Oregon Humane Society Second Chance Program at Helvetia Winery. OHS representatives will share stories of helping pets from other shelters and will also have dogs available for adoption to meet.
- Lickin' Luau: Your dog will definitely want to visit
Kramer Vineyards, where s/he can cool off in a doggie pool, indulge in a special popsicle and relax under a shady tree.
- Grapes & Glamour: Visit Montinore Estate Vineyard
to see the latest trends in canine fashions and hairstyles.
- Tunes & Toys: Entertainment for you and your pet! Enjoy jazz music at Plum Hill
Vineyards while learning about engaging toys for your dog. Your dog can also play in the fenced dog yard .
- Flights & Fitness: Teach your dog how to play Frisbee, do agility, and other fun, active games at Provincial Vineyards.
- Perfect Pairs: Learn how to pair food and saké from a SakéOne representative. OHS will also have information on how to find your perfect four-legged companion.
- Relax with Rover: With so many fun activities
along this tour, your pooch may need to take a break
and receive a massage while you enjoy spectacular wine at Shafer Vineyard Cellars.
- Taste & Treats: We all love a tasty treat! Your dog can enjoy artisan dog cookies from LexiDog Boutique & Social Club,
while you enjoy delicious wine at he Tasting Room at 1910 Main.
- Nose Works: While you smell and taste the fabulous
wines at Tualatin Estate Vineyards, your pooch
can have fun following their nose to hidden treats. OHS
Behavior and Training staff will be on-site to offer
What: Canines Uncorked Wine Tour of wineries that welcome you and your furry friends with food, contests, and special activities.
When: Saturday, July 20, 2013; 11 am–4 pm
Where: See the full list of wineries above.
Tickets: The "License to Taste" Passport and Wine Tour Guide are $40. All proceeds benefit the pets at OHS, and $25 of each ticket is tax-deductible.
Please Support Our Sponsors
OHS thanks North Willamette Vintners and CCL Label of Portland for their sponsorship of Canines Uncorked.