All-day Telethon Action on October 8!
Tune in to KATU Ch. 2 between 5 am-11:30 pm on Oct. 8 to see adorable pets, hear stories of rescue and adoption, and donate to help pets in need.
You can still help: Donate online here »
Every bit helps, and 100% of proceeds benefit pets in need. OHS receives no tax dollars and relies entirely on donations to help more than 11,000 animals each year.
Photo & Video from Telethon
VIDEO | Watch some of the Oct. 8 Telethon features that aired live on AM Northwest, including interviews with OHS Investigators, veterinarians and more: AM Northwest Past Shows
PHOTOS | From the KATU studio:
Photos by Ben Koker
Fast Facts for Telethon Fans
- New this year: Telethon segments are broadcast throughout the day, beginning at 5 am and ending at 11:30 pm, on KATU Channel 2, Thursday, Oct. 8.
- Full Hour of Nonstop Coverage: From 9-10 am, the Telethon will be broadcast live from the lobby of OHS. You’ll see pets available for adoption and meet OHS staff who work behind the scenes.
- Live News Coverage: KATU will break away from its morning, afternoon and evening news programs to bring you live Telethon coverage.
- Social Media: Use hashtag #ohspets to see and share your Telethon stories. You can also join the Facebook event here »
- On the Web: Visit us here, oregonhumane.org/telethon, to see the latest Telethon news and videos!
- By Phone: Phone bank is no longer available, post-Telethon – thank you to everyone who called in during the broadcast!
Who Are You Watching For?
We featured many of these stories and photos live on AM Northwest during Telethon, and across OHS and KATU social media throughout the day. You can see your photos and stories on the OHS Facebook here and on our website social feed here.
Keep on sharing those happy tails – we love to see and hear updates on adopted #OHSpets!
Telethon Fans Come in All Shapes and Sizes
Which One Are You?
The Loyal Companion: Watches every year, start to finish. Cries, claps and donates to help save more lives.
The Cool Cat: One smart viewer. You’ll program your DVR to catch the best of Telethon. Although you’re busy, you’ll make the time to donate.
The Playful Pup: You’re so excited about the new Telethon format that your tail can’t stop wagging. Run, don’t walk, to make your gift.
The Cat Napper: We get it, sometimes you’re really comfortable on the couch. Like, really comfortable. Why move? There’s no reason to leave the couch when you can phone in donations.
OHS Telethon is Presented By
Best Friend Sponsors
Dawgs Gone Wild