OHS Photo Contest
2015 OHS Photo Contest Opens
If you are like many pet owners, you consider your pet a star—and you have the photos to prove it! It’s time to enter those photos in the 24th annual OHS Fuzzy, Feathered and Furry Friends Photo Contest.
Calling All Animal Photographers
The rules are simple, the prizes grand, and all entry fees go to help the pets at OHS. Photos can be submitted of any companion animal, not just those adopted from OHS.
One lucky entry will grace the cover of the OHS Magazine, and winners in each category will be featured inside this fall’s issue (published in October). A $500 gift card to Pro Photo Supply will be awarded to the Grand Prize winner, as well as a $250 gift card from Frame Central.
When submitting your photo, think of which category that it has the best chance of winning: Best Dog, Best Cat, Best Other Animal (any pet that isn’t a cat or dog!), Funniest Photo, Child with Pet, Me & My Pet (adult with pet) and Dog & Cat Couple (cat and dog hanging out together).
The Grand Prize winner and the Editor’s Choice awards are selected by the judges from any of the categories. See a list of prizes for each category below.
Deadline and Entry Fees
The deadline for submitting entries is August 16. There is a $10 fee for the first five photos submitted.
1. Submit your entry fee here »
2. Upload your photos to the OHS Photo Contest page on Pro Photo’s website. This link and an entry code will be emailed to you in your fee submission receipt.
All prizes courtesy of our sponsors, Pro Photo Supply and Frame Central.
- Grand Prize: $500 gift card from Pro Photo Supply, plus a $250 gift card from Frame Central
- Best Dog: $100 gift card from Pro Photo Supply and $100 gift card from Frame Central
- Best Cat: $100 gift card from Pro Photo Supply and $100 gift card from Frame Central
- Best Other Animal: $50 gift card from Pro Photo Supply and $50 gift card from Frame Central
- Funniest Photo: $50 gift card from Pro Photo Supply and $50 gift card from Frame Central
- Child with Pet: $50 gift card from Pro Photo Supply and $50 gift card from Frame Central
- Me & My Pet: $50 gift card from Pro Photo Supply and $50 gift card from Frame Central
- Dog & Cat Couple: $50 gift card from Pro Photo Supply, and $50 gift card from Frame Central
- Editor’s Choice: $50 gift card from Pro Photo Supply, and $50 gift card from Frame Central
Rules and Guidelines for Submission
Rules of Entry
Employees or immediate family members of contest sponsors and OHS are not eligible to enter. All entries become the property of the Oregon Humane Society, which may, at it’s discretion, copy, edit, publish, use, adapt, and/or modify entries in any manner, in any and all media, without limitation. Submitter does not relinquish rights to use photo in any way. If photos include pets not owned by the photographer, or people not in the photographer’s immediate family, please include written permission from the pet’s owner and/or the individuals photographed to submit the photo and their acceptance of the contest rules.
A photographer may submit up to 5 photos online for each $10 entry fee paid (up to 10 photos/$20 total). Watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices MUST be removed prior to submission. Elements or objects not in original scene should not be added..
Online Submission File Requirements
- Photos must be submitted in JPG format.
- Each file submission size should be no larger than 5MB in size.
- You may submit up to 5 digital images per $10 entry fee.
- Entries must be submitted by Sunday, August 16, 2015.
Terms & Conditions
- If you are selected as a finalist, you must be able to supply a version of your photo in a 300 dpi JPG format no smaller than 8×10 inches (1500 x 2100 pixels). This file size is supported by nearly all of today’s digital cameras.
- A $10 entry fee will be required with your online photo(s) submission. This covers your first five photos submitted. All proceeds go directly to helping find homes for animals at the shelter.
- Entrants will receive an “entry code” in their entry fee receipt. Please enter this code in the caption field during the upload of your images. Entries without an OHS entry code will not be eligible and may not be judged.
Thank You Photo Contest Sponsors