Parking, TriMet, Directions
The Doggie Dash main registration tent is on Waterfront Park in the heart of downtown Portland. It can be easily accessed from I-5 via the Morrison or Hawthorne Bridges, and from I-405 via several exits leading to the city center (map it with Google). The closest intersection to the registration tent is SW Naito Parkway and SW Pine Street (see course map).
Smart Park Garages
There are several affordable Smart Park garages near Doggie Dash (plus on-street parking). Garages can be seen in the map below. The garage at SW 3rd & Alder is the closest to registration tent.
View SmartPark Garages Portland in a larger map
Take TriMet With Your Dog
The closest TriMet light rail stop is on the blue/red line at SW Oak & 1st (across the street from the park and one block from the registration tent).
TriMet will allow dogs participating in Doggie Dash onto TriMet trains (MAX). TriMet established these guidelines:
• Dogs allowed until 2 pm
• Dogs allowed on TriMet trains only
• Dogs must be under the owner’s control at all times
• Dogs must either have a muzzle or a "Gentle-leader" type head harness, or be in a crate
• Dogs must use the rear car of a 2-car train only
• Fares required for all human companions over the age of seven