Where Your Donation Goes
Your Doggie Dash donation will help OHS rescue, shelter and find homes for pets who need our help. We are proud to report that 86 cents of every dollar donated goes to help animals—one of the highest percentages of any nonprofit animal organization.
We rely entirely on private donations to help provide the following needed services:
- Finding homes for 11,000 animals each year
- Accepting nearly 4,000 pets each year from other shelters throughout the region
- Never putting a time limit on how long a pet stays available for adoption
- Providing more than 1,000 emergency and other needed surgeries for shelter pets each year
- Investigating approximately 1,000 animal cruelty cases each year
OHS operates independently of any national animal organization (such as the Humane Society of the United States or the ASPCA). When you give to OHS, your dollars stay here to help pets in our region.
We’re proud to report that for four years in a row, we’ve received the highest possible rating for financial management from Charity Navigator, the nation’s leading charity watchdog group.
OHS also meets the Better Business Bureau's Twenty Standards of Charitable Accountability, which assures donors of the highest level of financial stewardship for their gifts.
To learn more about our many programs and services, visit the main OHS website.